You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-16 05:05:29

Just Jim

Old Member Introduction...

'Ello.

I'm Jim, if you know me.

But David to the rest of the world. And I've switched names for... quite a while now.

I'm only a Jazz fan with a certain taste in clothes.

There's no more going on here than that.

Yrs.

JDFM

#2 2010-03-16 08:24:15

Hard Bop Hank
Ivy Soul Brother

Re: Old Member Introduction...

I'm Hank...

I do have some other names, too...

Imagine me like somewhere between Henry Fonda ("The man who understood women") and Henry Chinaski (Bukowski's narrator who didn't understand women...) and I'd like to sound like somewhere between Hank Mobley and Hank Williams...

my obsession is modernism and American culture...

since forever...

Best, HBH

“No Room For Squares”
”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
"Would there be any freedom of press or speech if one must reduce his vocabulary to vapid innocuous euphemisms?"

#3 2010-03-16 13:16:42

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: Old Member Introduction...

Hi my name's Terry and I'm going to enjoy myself first.....

My friends call me Keith, but you can call me Dave.

Just another angel headed hipster on the road that leads to modern jazz, joy, kicks and spontaneous bop-Ivy poetics in the long dark night upon this rail road earth.

Unlike that prick Beatnik, I was schooled at the Naropa Institute in the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics. I got the real message which was Charlie Parker.

My mission is American modernism seared with the speaking in tongues Bourbon of raw rusty dusty Americana in the spiritual song of the Georgia Sea Island Singers.

That's where I went off the map and became a keeper of the ancient-modern tradition.

All the rest is bullshit and we all know it.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

Board footer