You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Some man named after a street in Covent Garden?

#1 2010-04-03 05:40:10

Arthur Dent

Some man named after a street in Covent Garden?

I will admit that I have been resisting all this for quite a while now. Ask Andy About Clothes was my introduction to this world after conducting a Google search regarding traditional American clothing. There I met the writings of some kind of sprite. Information mingled with entertainment and the sense of somebody with a twinkle in the eye.
"Russell Street"? Impossible! Implausible!
Well "Uncle Russell" you have finally got me too. The evidence has stacked up and I can only offer you a bemused chapeau.
I don't know what we actually know about you. Would the real Russell Street step forward? Not the team effort, if that was ever real. "Jim" are you out there?
Who has ever really spoken to this Internet creation? Is he really upper class gone bad? Is he just some kid who can Google up a good story? Was he educated in America? Jewish? He never provides any answers only more questions.
Trad is great fun. Was that your intention? The Ivy Style blog and all the other satelites to Trad are equally interesting and I can see the fragmentation of the Trad market that you've created across the forums and blogs. Sly Russell, sly.
Am I right that it is only here that you tell the truth? So tell us the truth. You must have done all this for a reason. So my question is Why?

#2 2010-04-03 05:57:05

Arthur Dent

Re: Some man named after a street in Covent Garden?

This remains my "Aha!" moment  http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50714  the "Russell" points are few and yet he gets Harris to denounce baggy chinos and his earlier "technicoloured swap shop" view of American Trad? A cat with a mouse or do I see more than is here?

#3 2010-04-03 06:42:41

Arthur Dent

Reading "Trad 101" is there a more Jewish name than David? You slipped there, "Jim".
My reading of this? Trad is just as Jewish as Ivy League and Preppy were. And are.

#4 2010-04-03 07:08:05

colin
Bright Light

roll

#5 2010-04-03 07:47:30

Arthur Dent

Stay calm. All I mean is that Harris was probably Jewish too. Like Ralph Lauren and the original J. Press were, to name the most obvious two.
The fantasy of Wasp life has never come from Wasps. The Official Preppy Handbook is both Jewish and Gay in its authorial origin. Buckley was also an "outsider" just like O'Hara and Fitzgerald were. Your President Kennedy was also from an "outsider" family made good.
To fantasize and fetishize Waspdom requires somebody for whom it is not some dull commonplace.
Obvious really.

#6 2010-04-03 07:50:50

Arthur Dent

For the record I am of Jewish origin myself.

#7 2010-04-04 03:46:50

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Arthur, you seem to be all a muddle. Ivy is not a satellite of Trad, it is the reverse. Ivy existed in the real world, Trad is an internet construct.

Russell's position is well known, so to his allegiance to the cause of Ivy style. There is no fantasy or fetishism involved.

And music too, Ivy allianced to modern jazz. Where is the Waspdom in this?

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#8 2010-04-04 05:05:22

Arthur Dent

I also think it is possible you may have posted as Russell Street. Can I ask how he approached you? Would you link his techniques to a form of grooming?
There is no hostility here from me. I only want to undrstand this. Somehow somebody has created all of this online. It's interesting.

#9 2010-04-04 08:12:17

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

No, I have never posted as RS, nor he has me. He has never approached me, nor I he. There is no technique, or grooming, or methodology. Only inspiration and passion. Something you will not be able to empathise with, heh Chenners? That thrust, parry, riposte, wot? How does it feel, to have no heart?

RS's art, and it is an art, is that of the big band conductor, akin to Ellington, Miller, Kempton, Quincy Jones or Oliver Nelson. If he was a record owner, he would own Prestige, Blue Note, Contemporary and Verve.

There is no hostility from you Arthur Dent, because actually you don't exist, you're a fabrication of your masters. Two feeble brains getting together to create one. As Burroughs said, who is the third that walks amongst us?

#10 2010-04-04 13:05:57

Arthur Dent

Christian Chensvold is a professional writer. This is beneath him.

#11 2010-04-04 16:35:04

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#12 2010-04-05 13:09:54

Brownshoe

#13 2010-04-07 14:53:06

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Dead! Chenners humunculus is dead, another psychic attack thwarted.

We await their next message, as before, ready to be delivered from the sanctity of Ivy and into dandyism or whatever the hideous marketing of tradism really means:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTFIzLKaZj4&feature=related

#14 2010-04-10 12:32:15

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

WASPdom is of no interest to me. I am a WASP.
Ivy isn't WASP in England.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Why is there no Gay slur on this thread? Usually I'm deformed, Jewish & Gay on these threads.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Some man named after a street in Covent Garden?

Board footer