You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-12 05:29:28

Rip Rig & Panic

The Tragedy of Brooks in England

They lost me four years ago as a direct customer; will now only buy secondhand, i.e. from shamrockmonkey, other forum guys.  No longer Ebay, though I used to find some excellent pieces. 
Yes, stupid and inefficient staff; no knowledge of BB history and tradition.  I'm sickened.  Why was this allowed to happen?  I had better customer service from Press.  Paul Stuart are too snotty by half.

#2 2010-07-12 05:35:49

Bishop of Briggs

Re: The Tragedy of Brooks in England

Brooks Brothers' English operation is a franchise. The company has separate ownership. See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/2789122/Del-Vecchio-tailors-Brook-Brothers-for-UK.html. "Expansion into Europe, even Italy, has come late but del Vecchio claims the UK stores, a joint venture with property developer Ian Livingstone, break even so long as central expenses are ignored."

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#3 2010-07-12 07:11:24

Rip Rig & Panic

"They might as well be selling potatoes".

Anon.

#4 2010-07-12 09:48:27

macabee

I contacted BB in London a couple of months ago, a very courteous email arrived from their head office, stating that should I require further information, to contact the store direct, I did, to date no reply! Little wonder I continue to shop with Lands End, whilst they may not have everything I require, what they do have is of good value, their phone line is open 24/7 365 days of the year, their guarantee in incredible, something wrong, or you don't like the colour perhaps, they will replace or refund, no quibble, no time limit.

I gave up buying labels years ago, I want value and quality and good service, to me thats more important than a 'label'

Well now I have got that of my chest, time for a cuppa!!

Ho Hum

Last edited by macabee (2010-07-12 09:49:26)

"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"
James Thurber

#5 2010-07-12 11:05:22

Bishop of Briggs

The only thing that I would buy from BB in London is a US made OCBD shirt and, possibly, the camel polo coat.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

Board footer