You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-25 01:05:21

Rip Rig & Panic

Imagine...

...  any fifteen-year old now going to see his tailor, paying him a little bit each Friday from his pay packet...

Not in England, chum.  Not in 2010. 

The neighbours sum it up for me: loud voices, loud music, fag in mouth, lager swigged from the bottle, TV never turned off.  And these were houses built for the middle classes.  These people have good jobs. 

Chavs, all of 'em.

#2 2010-07-25 01:46:12

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: Imagine...

Thankfully, there's few chavs here in Holland.  But when I go back home, even the kids of the middle class families seem somewhat lewd and uneducated, despite achieveing ten top grades at the equivalent of O Levels and 4 A's at A Levels and then being sent off to university to arrive at the original point of departure three years later: with limited skills to offer a potential employer.

Its all a bit odd in my view and there appears a design behind the creation of the chav class and constant erosion of the middle class.

A.J.P Taylor's 'Making of The Working Classes' this is not, this is destruction and dumming down for some other 'higher' purpose.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#3 2010-07-25 02:48:26

Hard Bop Hank
Ivy Soul Brother

Sometimes I dream about Japan: child prodigies everywhere playing Bach at the age of 5....

“No Room For Squares”
”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
"Would there be any freedom of press or speech if one must reduce his vocabulary to vapid innocuous euphemisms?"

#4 2010-07-25 02:54:32

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#5 2010-07-25 03:00:01

colin
Bright Light

People in England have forgotten to think for themselves.

This is often true with young people - particularly those coming out of university.

#6 2010-07-25 03:10:51

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

Board footer