You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-21 04:42:37

Rip Rig & Panic

Sta-Prest

A couple of people have mentioned these just lately - this morning, in fact.  They were massive when I was about 13, along with 'red tag'.  Only the 'cooler', football-going, soul/reggae crowd seemed to have them; mostly because they didn't have mothers like mine, who frowned intensely upon any kind of street fashion.  I really had to beg for a crappy pair of loafers and was never allowed DMs.  Part of the problem of passing the 11-Plus, you see.  Were they always poly/cotton?  I had some Italian-made a few years ago.  Stiff as a board and looked shite into the bargain.

#2 2010-07-21 04:53:25

soulquentin

Re: Sta-Prest

I had a few pairs in the 90s, most were poly/cotton, but one was a lighter weight poly/linen. Not as stiff as the other ones. but all of them were very tight in the waist which is why I sold them...

#3 2010-08-06 15:23:13

Rip Rig & Panic

Is it true old stuff fetches big money?

#4 2010-08-07 05:35:30

nouvelle vague
A Distillation of Ivy Inspiration.

A total contradiction to the all 'natural' aesthestic, which begs the question is this a latter day reinterpretation of ivy and its boom years.?
more in keeping with the post ivy "french look".?
I dont like non iron, let alone poly blends. cant bear that against my skin.  I do like the cut on those trou, though.
john allways seemed cold on sta press and poly.

'Jean-Paul Sartre and john lee hooker'

Board footer