You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-24 04:00:15

Prof Kelp
Professor of Ivy

Gant Hugger in TK Maxx

Last night I made a quick visit to a TK Maxx on my way to Sainsbury's and I came across a few Gant shirts. Two of which were their std range (the ones which have "GANT" embroided on the pocket) which for me must be one of the most crass brandngs out there (but hey I know its all subjective). Which was a shame because although one was a checked affair (to be honest I can't remember much about as it did nothing for me) the other was a purple gingham seersucker job (looked a lot better then it sounds) however the everpresent "GANT" on the pocket pushed me away.

Further down the rack I come across one of the Hugger reproductions (as discussed in an earlier thread). Airforce blue "old loom" cotton oxford (is this really made on old looms Japanese style? As its made in India? or is that marketing?) Anyway I have a try on as its a medium.......now I'm a 15.5 33 in Brooks and this came up small on me. Its quite a slimmer cut and a short shirtail and much nearer a 15 collar (I may have put a few pounds on whilst comfort eating my way through a wet summer, but I'm not that big!)

Anyway its not for me.......but its 39.99 and if anyone wants me to pop back and see if its there I don't mind and am happy to post on to trusted forum members.

Its got a third button on the collar and that repro union stamp on the shirt tail, that offended shamrockmonkey on an earlier thread.....lol.

PM if interested

http://thetownoutside.tumblr.com

Board footer