You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-25 03:38:57

Bishop of Briggs

Why politicians should never wear jeans

On this evidence, I have to agree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1305570/JAN-MOIR-Why-politicians-NEVER-wear-jeans.html

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#2 2010-08-25 03:59:13

Rip Rig & Panic

Re: Why politicians should never wear jeans

Who started it?  Was it Blair?  I bet Portillo wore nicely faded 501s.  A favourite trade unionist of Kingstonian's and mine, Jimmy Knapp, would not have worn jeans even whilst digging the garden.  John Smith looked nicely dressed when I met him back in 1985.  A very well cut whistle.  Tony Benn, the second time I shook his hand, was wearing an anorak.  I do not think I have ever seen a photograph of old Enoch looking in any sense casual.

#3 2010-08-25 04:00:25

shamrockmonkey

Enoch had great style.

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

#4 2010-08-25 04:02:50

Rip Rig & Panic

#5 2010-08-25 04:13:40

shamrockmonkey

Yep. Batshit insane in a cool way, was that guy. learned urdu because he was convinced that he would become the viceroy of india, right?

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

#6 2010-08-25 04:17:37

Rip Rig & Panic

He seems to have had ambitions in that direction.  Churchill thought he was barking (if memory serves me well).  You must read Simon Heffer's monumental biography.  He was certainly odd, but not for the reasons most people imagine.

#7 2010-08-25 06:40:07

Bishop of Briggs

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#8 2010-08-25 06:58:30

Chris_H
Ivy Original

You'd think William Hague would have learned his lesson from when he was ridiculed for wearing the baseball hat at the Notting Hill Carnival all those years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hardyandjohnson/

#9 2010-08-25 08:58:11

Rip Rig & Panic

We knew at that point - if we hadn't twigged it before - that the Conservative Party had become totally bizarre.  From 'Oyster Eyes' Whitelaw to Fun-Loving, Calypso-Grooving Hague in - how many years?  Mind you, the leap from Jim Callaghan on his tractor to Blair strumming his electric guitar was pretty startling.  Then there were the Liberals, in their sandals...  BTW, anyone fancy Caroline Lucas?  I think she's very dishy.

Board footer