You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-27 16:16:19

The Thin Repp
Ivy Evangelist

White Chinos or Levis

Maybe it's just me going off the strict ivy reservation lately, but I have been liking the idea of very slim, high water white chinos, or Levis.  White levis  cords would be ideal but they are impossible to find.  With a blue popover oxford and blucher mocs in summer, and gray herringbone and chambray in the fall.    Anyone else a fan?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/NewtonStreetVintage  Classic Vintage Ivy League Clothing on Etsy.

#2 2010-08-27 16:22:28

Rip Rig & Panic

Re: White Chinos or Levis

You bet.  But off-white now instead of white, if that counts.  Very adaptable look, TR.

#3 2010-08-27 19:49:40

shamrockmonkey

off-white or off-grey or off beige for chinoes. or white painters pants (cant get them without hammer loops now though)  or levis. white slacks/chinos/trousers is too riviera/"sailor" IMO.

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

#4 2010-08-27 20:55:39

Get Smart

i really like stone (off white) chinos or staprest

dont actually have a pair but used to, and need to get another

#5 2010-08-27 21:13:55

shamrockmonkey

about 13 yrs ago,used to see staprest in both stone and "old man" sky blue all the time, never any other color. shouldv'e bought em (at least the stone ones).

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

#6 2010-08-28 08:42:59

Get Smart

I have old man sky blue  staprest, a great color and surprisingly easy to wear.  only seen vintage stone white ones in way too small size

#7 2010-08-30 17:21:14

Hard Bop Hank
Ivy Soul Brother

I wear white levi's, too, about 5 or 6 times in summer.... don't have white chinos, but I think I would wear them, though...

my most flamboyant combination this year must have been unlined pink Brooks OCBD, white 501s, brown calfskin belt and scotch grain Florsheim Venetians... A DJ spot around the corner in Cologne, the Huns' gay capitol!

“No Room For Squares”
”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
"Would there be any freedom of press or speech if one must reduce his vocabulary to vapid innocuous euphemisms?"

#8 2010-08-31 03:27:55

Trojan

A 'no' from me, but for purely practical reasons.

They'd have chocolate spread (or some other 3 year olds delicacy) all over them before I'd got to the front door smile

I do think they can look good though.

Robbo what a fucking wanker you are.

#9 2010-08-31 08:03:50

The Thin Repp
Ivy Evangelist

Since I started this thread I've bought a pair of vintage Farah white perma-press slacks.  They have frogmouth front pockets but normal trouser back pockets.  Very slim and tapered but with a normal trouser rise.  Pretty much exactly what I wanted, right at the intersection between slacks and jeans.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/NewtonStreetVintage  Classic Vintage Ivy League Clothing on Etsy.

#10 2010-09-01 07:00:07

Si Cheeba

Used to wear the white levis all the time (late 80s /early 90s)

Then stopped wearing them for years.

Just got a new pair this summer and been well into them - as well as picking up a pair of white BB Milano flat fron chinos which are non-iron crease variety so are almost a "sta prest".

Both jean and trousers have been combined with the likes of madras SS-BDs / suede jackets / polo shirts / loafers and Spring Courts over the last few months...and have certainly hit the spot for me !

Board footer