You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-28 00:17:32

Rip Rig & Panic

Downsizing At Press?

I used to get a lovely big full colour catalogue; now something postcard sized waffling on about taxes.  Is that all there is? - as Peggy Lee put it.  (Mind you, they probably got tired of me never buying anything, sniggering over some of their designs and talking up Brooks).

#2 2010-08-28 01:26:08

Horace

Re: Downsizing At Press?

I don't know.  It's not even a catalog anymore.  It's just marketing.  Maybe the old guard who bought there is dead.  No need for the faithful.  Just order online or don't bother, I reckon.  Pity, really.  I used to like the old catalog.  It was the same everytime, in essence.  Yellow, blue, pink, white button.  Maybe one tennis collared shirt.  Same ties (even if different).  2 or 3 trou collars.  Same blazer.  Same variations on tweeds in diff colors.  Good times.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#3 2010-08-29 03:12:19

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

What 'Orace said.

#4 2010-09-09 05:42:44

Horace

I was reminded of how shoddy the place has become when I looked at the crappy quality of the new boxer shorts I bought.  And that 'orrible re-vamped logo.  Don't care for it.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer