You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-10 06:01:16

Rip Rig & Panic

'Two Pound Apiece Longwings'

The Moose is responsible for this.  Oh, and eris.  Funny, I craved for a pair or two, but they're getting worn less often, in favour of dirty bucks, loafers and desert or chukka boots.  Still good with a suit, though, and that's perhaps where Ivy softness grows a little harder.

#2 2010-09-10 06:10:55

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: 'Two Pound Apiece Longwings'

If I ever go out to slay my enemies, climb Everest, or take on the All Blacks in a rugby match single-handed, it will be in a three-piece navy sack suit and black longwings.

They radiate a positively creepy amount of power.

#3 2010-09-10 06:17:24

Rip Rig & Panic

They do, they do.  Moose is absolutely right on this one.  In fact, much expensive kit bestows confidence upon the wearer, particularly in a dull little town like mine where trackie bottoms tucked into your socks are still seen as being the height of cool by kids who probably still take Ali G seriously (not unlike one T. Benn).  My two pairs, when getting an airing, are sometimes nodded and winked at by the one or two scary ex-football hooligans who frequent these parts.  "American", they say, and I smile and agree.

#4 2010-09-10 06:43:12

Harpo
The Best In The West

Wearing a pair of black Florsheim Imperial longwings this very day - coupled with a khaki mac and and newly short collegeboy this has indeed imbued me with both Strength and Power - people are calling me sir and getting out of my way.

Randy lower-class trifler

Board footer