You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-12 03:39:17

Rip Rig & Panic

More Ivy Less Fuss

Stop shopping for England.  Concentrate.  Not buying - walking away - is good for the soul.  You know when you look at a woman whether you fancy her or not.  Same with any article of clothing.  If you have the slightest doubt...  I'll be going through my wardrobe again soon and offering bits of schmutter to the forumites.  Mostly shirts, but possibly a jacket or two.  It's good to give stuff away and make someone else happy.  A precise sense of style has to be constantly worked at.  We all make mistakes, sometimes quite expensive ones.  But there are one or two who have guided me, sometimes without knowing they're doing it.  Pieces of the modernist jigsaw have gradually slotted into place.

#2 2010-09-12 04:13:50

Chris_H
Ivy Original

Re: More Ivy Less Fuss

^ Common Sense....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hardyandjohnson/

#3 2010-09-12 06:06:18

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Great advice, especially about giving things away. I bought a vintage raincoat off someone on another forum a while ago. It is a great coat but it was just slightly too large and I never felt 100% happy in it o I gave it to a mate who was lusting after it. Result: he loves it and it looks good on him which is a satisfying outcome for me.

It's a long process of trial and error, slowly increasing your knowledge along the way, making misbuys and gradually upgrading your wardrobe.  Every piece you own should be just right and give you pleasure every time you wear it - few people get to that stage.

Last edited by woofboxer (2010-09-12 06:07:24)

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#4 2010-09-12 09:35:16

Harpo
The Best In The West

Randy lower-class trifler

#5 2010-09-12 09:40:38

Rip Rig & Panic

It goes with my 'stripping down, stripping away' ethos, which applies to other aspects of my life: non-drinking, non-smoking.  Enough, as the Africans say, is as good as a feast.  I may yet become a vegetarian.  I believe, to some extent, in minimalism.

Except, perhaps, in my word count.  LOL!

#6 2010-09-12 12:02:18

Beatnik's ghost

Too many CD's. Too many shoes. Too many books.
Throw it all out of the balloon.
Free your mind and your ass will follow...

Board footer