You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-29 11:05:39

Big Mark

Jack Russell/Logos

Evening all

I had to visit a town fairly near to home today, and noticed a gents' outfitters that has been there for a couple of years, called Jack Russell. It's also where their admin office is, and where their internet business is serviced from.

Great quality clothes, English materials, made in Portugal, with some nice classic touches-what caught my eye was the London Raincoat that they had in the window. This is the website: http://www.jackrussellclothing.com/Mens/Casualwear/Jackets_Coats.aspx

Excellent quality, good price, and I tried one on: nice fit, but as I did it up, unless you include the top button, there is an embroidered Jack Russell (trade mark design) showing on the lower lapel collar. (Not visible on the web photo)

It's tainted it for me: what do you all feel?

Have a look at the sports jackets too-lovely.

BM

"I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini."  Paul Desmond

#2 2010-09-29 11:30:22

Kingstonian

Re: Jack Russell/Logos

^ I would prefer raglan sleeves. Peter Christian has a similar garment for £75 but it has contrast piping at the neck and on the pockets. That also spoils their coat.

#3 2010-09-29 11:42:17

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Good find, looks like decent quality traditional English style clothing.

I likewise couldn't accept a logo on a raincoat. I don't mind a discrete emblem on a shirt but certainly not on an outer garment.

What were the polo shirts like?

Is a minature dog breed okay when put up against a horseman or a crocodile? Who knows?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#4 2010-09-29 12:24:17

Rip Rig & Panic

#5 2010-09-29 12:35:44

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Indeed, if they took the logo off...that would have appeal for me.

The logo age is over, thank fuck.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#6 2010-09-29 16:07:30

Big Mark

"I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini."  Paul Desmond

Board footer