You are not logged in.

#476 2011-03-16 15:27:56

SimonC

Re: What are you drinking at the moment ?

Tourelles de Longueville 2006 - half the bottle last night and the remainder tonight whilst catching up on paperwork.

"For our new boots, we wanted the hide of something vicious and bloodthirsty and that devoured all before it in an orgy of rampant ferocity. But Margaret Thatcher wasn't dead yet."

#477 2011-03-16 15:44:13

eg

#478 2011-03-16 16:46:55

Bishop of Briggs

Fuller's ESB ale.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#479 2011-03-16 19:10:06

fxh
Big Down Under.

#480 2011-03-16 19:17:52

Kingstonian

Just back from Lamb and Flag ( known as 'bucket of blood' in prize fighting days) in Covent Garden - less touristy than some. Then an Indian and a swift pint in The Harp near Charing Cross.

#481 2011-03-16 19:23:33

Maximilien de Robespierre

I had large bottle of Sierra Nevada Estate "Homegrown" Ale this evening.  Phenomenal brew, very meaty with a great balance of hops and malt.  Virtually a meal in itself, and packs a mild punch at 6.7%.  Not cheap, but worth the sawbuck.

#482 2011-03-18 12:54:21

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Adelphi label blended whisky, in the same price range as the industrialised Black Label (actually, 7 Euros cheaper), and with a taste that is second to none in this price range. Well, maybe Te Bheag is equal. Superb scotch at a price that will not hurt unless you're on the dole.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#483 2011-03-18 14:37:26

Avgvstvs

#484 2011-03-18 18:55:12

eg

red Italian plonk

#485 2011-03-20 00:16:52

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Last night: Southern Tier Brewing Co's Gemini and before that Premier Hopblast from the Windmill Brewery from here in Holland.  What else?  That was enough.

#486 2011-03-21 06:41:43

Uncle Oswald

Aimee Thanatogenous: An American would despise himself for living off his wife.
Dennis Barlow: Yes, but you see, I'm English, and we have none of these prejudices in the older and more developed civilizations.

#487 2011-03-21 07:15:53

Uncle Oswald

I remember another time, circa 2003. Some friends of mine were in town from NYC and wanted to go to Mitchell Brothers to see the talent. I still had some passes, since my best friend in high school used to date the daughter of the slain brother. Normally the cover charge is 40 bucks.

Being out of coke and extremely drunk, I decided to score a gram or two on the street. Of course, I should have known better, and known that no one scores good powder cocaine on the street in SF's tenderloin. Instead, I was presented with 60 dollars worth of crack rock. Naively, I chopped up and snorted a line on top of the paper towel dispenser in the Mitchell Brothers restroom. Obviously, it did nothing for me. Different chemistry and all that.

A month later, I took the crack to a friend's apartment in Lake Merritt, Oakland. We smoked it in a pipe on a bed of ash, and got really really high. I finally saw the Crack Allure. Crack made me feel like a megalomaniac whose best laid plans of mice and men had finally succeeded. I drove home in my car at the time, a 1993 Burgundy Lincoln Town Car. The entire time, the car felt to be floating off of the ground, in the air. I was listening to Black Sabbath in the CD Changer.

Good times.

Dennis Barlow: Yes, but you see, I'm English, and we have none of these prejudices in the older and more developed civilizations.

#488 2011-03-21 07:20:04

Uncle Oswald

^^^ & David Bowie "Diamond Dogs."

#489 2011-03-22 15:29:37

kev777

Barossa Valley Estate E&E Black Pepper Shiraz 2005 Absolutely fantastic

#490 2011-04-01 11:36:38

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Green Spot whiskey, not as good as its mythic reputation. I will be sticking to the Irish drink this eve though, I will presently move it up a notch and take to the Locke's 8 year old, pure pot still, the nearest whisky to poitin.

#491 2011-04-01 13:03:49

Kingstonian

There was a fatality at Wimbledon station last night and the trains  were up the creek. We were advised to make our own arrangements to get home. This after I had deliberately waited until the rush hour was over. Jumpers usually time their suicide to coincide with peak times. Anyway, I went the roundabout way to Kingston by bus from Putney. I decided I deserved a pint to soothe me after the detour. I walked into a backstreet pub I often use and I was the only customer ! After 8:30pm on a Thursday ! When the landlord came down I asked why and was told it was  due to there not being any football on TV in recent weeks(he has all the screens; it is a big sports pub) and also because it was a 'five week' month. I was pleased when a few more eventually turned up - but business was not good.

#492 2011-04-01 15:10:25

weekender
Forum Member Of The Year

chardonnay

#493 2011-04-01 15:58:55

SimonC

Cocodamol, diclofenac, tramadol, diazepam and lansoprazol mean I'm not drinking right now.

I think the doctor may gave done overboard with prescriptions.

"For our new boots, we wanted the hide of something vicious and bloodthirsty and that devoured all before it in an orgy of rampant ferocity. But Margaret Thatcher wasn't dead yet."

#494 2011-04-02 00:25:04

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

None of those prescription drugs have any effect on me. It needs to be booze, or codeine based to hit my nerve receptors.

I find whisky is the answer to most problems of relaxation, stress and insomnia. Of course, if you start to over do that every night, then you will find yourself alone one evening and a dark morbidness will descend that no booze can eliminate. Real alcoholics will in true De Quincy style, meet various demons who will visit them and keep them company in the wee wee hours.

Tea for me this morning. Whisky for the evening.

#495 2011-04-02 01:17:28

fxh
Big Down Under.

Alcohol with diazepam or codeine has a good effect but you must titrate the grog - the drugs are measured and accurate - don't get drunk then take drugs - bad outcomes - take known measured quantities first then titrate grog.

You can get large enough doses of codeine out of proprietaries by mashing and mixing in cold water and then filtering through coffee filter paper. Only the codeine is soluble.

Not that I ..blah blah blah...........................

#496 2011-04-02 12:30:57

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#497 2011-04-02 13:33:55

Maximilien de Robespierre

Last edited by Maximilien de Robespierre (2011-04-02 13:35:14)

#498 2011-04-02 14:30:45

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#499 2011-04-03 02:15:19

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

No, doing the train method is not quick. Generally the parts of your torso which is cut in through, is instantly welded back together with the insides all a mixed riddle in the process. Death can be lingering and painful, plus it inconveniences the local commuters and shoppers. Most selfish.

Coffee this morning, the Nescafe Green Blend. I've managed to cut my coffee consumption down to less than 2-3 cups a week. 

I will be having a few golden rings this evening though, likely will be a Lowland, followed by an Irish.

#500 2011-04-03 17:13:25

eg

Board footer