You are not logged in.

#876 2011-06-23 20:50:31

K. A. Adams

Re: What are you drinking at the moment ?

NJS - I think your meal is quite nice but a bit heavy for the summer months.  So,

I'll start with a Martini and perhaps a handful of lightly salted cashews. 

After that its a mixed dozen of the freshest oysters with a glass of Pouilly Fuisse or my favorite Champagne. Then it's on to a beautiful gazpacho with a hint of tarragon and and creme fraiche after which comes the main course of steak tartar and toast points with a caesar salad on the side, no croutons. This is served with a Pinot Noir

For dessert it's mixed berries with a spoon or two of vanilla ice cream and a square of 70% cocoa chocolate served with a double espresso

The finale is a glass of chateau Fontpinot XO Cognac and a Partagas Short from Havana

How can a monolithic glass of grey sprout sludge compare to these meals ? 

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE !   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

#877 2011-06-23 20:59:38

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Last edited by The_Shooman (2011-06-23 21:10:38)

#878 2011-06-23 21:42:08

Sammy Ambrose

Last edited by Sammy Ambrose (2011-06-23 21:42:55)

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#879 2011-06-23 22:29:30

Sammy Ambrose

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#880 2011-06-23 22:33:52

Quay

"It is my belief that nearly any invented quotation, played with confidence, stands a good chance to deceive."
- Mark Twain

#881 2011-06-23 22:37:51

Quay

"It is my belief that nearly any invented quotation, played with confidence, stands a good chance to deceive."
- Mark Twain

#882 2011-06-23 22:57:20

Sammy Ambrose

#883 2011-06-23 23:40:19

fxh
Big Down Under.

Shooey

I haven’t been out to prove you wrong on raw food or to make a fool of you or even troll you (even though it was me who invented not only Russell Street but Chensvold as well. Not to mention inventing Trad, Ivy and starting the whole AAAC forums).

On the contrary I’m actually interested in your stories of your diet. You seem to do it well and you also take some effort to minimize the obvious dangers of e coli and sub optimal intake of certain vitamins and nutritional elements.

I’m not interested because I want to take it up or because I see it as a viable alternative for many people. I wish you well – always have – and I’m sure many other do here as well.

My only problems are when the ”gurus” make outrageous claims of superior health, curing cancers or such.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.

If someone claims they can make a car run on water by the addition of a small part  and that furthermore they can’t tell me what that small part does or what it is made of – I’m not interested at all.

If someone who can make good boots (or shoes) maintains that putting Topy on half of the sole of a shoe will somehow stop it breathing through the sole and cause an accumulation of sweat and moisture in the shoe that will cause it to fall apart. I don’t accept it. It doesn’t make any sense – the rest of the shoe – including a huge feckin hole where the foot goes in can easily let moisture out and the total surface leather above the sole is greater than the sole anyway to let moisture out. And if sweat can be voided out the sole by leather sucking it downwards and out – then a sole without Topy would suck up moisture into the shoe from damp or wet footpaths underneath – flooding the shoe with water in a short time. So I don’t accept mysterious mystical explanations of why Topy is bad for shoes.

I don’t also accept mystical mysterious explanations about diet.

There’s an old saying:
“Anecdotes are not data. Data is not information. Information is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom. None of these are action”

Anecdotes of someone who lived to 100 on a raw diet is interesting but doesn’t mean much. There are plenty of people who live to a long age who have shit diets and smoke and drink and don’t exercise. They also don’t prove anything.

Diet is one of the most difficult things to have any real evidence about. All studies of diet have the same problems – they are mostly all based on self reporting and cannot be isolated from confounding variables.

Scientific findings on diet are always best couched in cautious terms.

There are no great secrets mystical or otherwise.

We do know that for most people a diet high in fibre is better than a diet with not much fibre.  We know that a diet of a wide range of foods is better than one with limited foods – but we also have examples of cultures with limited diets who live long with minimal illness.

We know that there is no beneficial dose of tobacco for physical health. We know that a lot of alcohol is no good but that a moderate amount of alcohol use may in fact be beneficial. Too much saturated fat is no good but some fat is essential. And so on – its not complicated.

We do know its better to be a bit overweight and fit than it is to be skinny and not fit.

Most illnesses under 50 or so will be due to genetic susceptibility – cancer, heart attacks etc – diet or lifestyle won’t make that much difference.

Illnesses over 50 will be due in large part to genetic illnesses plus the ageing process. This includes a lot of cancers which can in a way be considered a disease of ageing.

Many of the ageing diseases can be modified, avoided or ameliorated by watching diet and exercise. Some diabetes and some heart disease are like this.

Despite the moral panic over obesity most people in most parts of the world are living longer and in better health than ever before.

Maybe I’ll hold my tongue but if any gurus make claims that are not backed up by real evidence – especially curing or preventing cancer – I’ll pop up.

Again I wish you well and so do many others here. I’m happy to hear of your diet. I’ve even thought of trying a weed drink - out of curiosity nothing else.

Maybe you should start your own raw diet thread.

Last edited by fxh (2011-06-24 00:33:44)

#884 2011-06-23 23:48:13

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Last edited by The_Shooman (2011-06-23 23:52:13)

#885 2011-06-24 12:10:28

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

My experiment in forming a non-chillfiltered single cask strength drinking whisky cult continues to go from one bar to the piss house and back. Onwards and upwards to the spiritual shrine of the whisky malt masters!

Its well known by the gurus that the rich minerals and fats in unchillfiltered whisky has essential life force and longevity properties. Science is only just now catching up, I think by drinking whisky in its most natural form I will live to 110 and work all day like I'm a twenty-five year old navvie.

The essential life force of whisky is an isotonic, post bionic, an orthodontists and sewerage worker's wet dream. My teeth are whiter than white and I shit turds that smell uniquely serene, I can simply smell the turd all day, its so fresh and unique.

There's one thing that gets up the nose of non-chillfiltered cask strength condition whisky drinking cultists, in the much the same way that raw fooders look down on vegans as less pure, is those of the herd who drink blended whisky. There so dum they will probably all die at age forty-five.

There's five sacred amphibians: the toad that the aborigines lick, the lesser crested newt and, er, and......anyway, mess with these amphibians and your nation will be destroyed and all the people in it will feel the anger of the non-chillfiltered cask strength condition whisky god for he is a horrible twisted and vengeful man-made fuck. So speaks the words of the masters, wise red nose creatures of eternal light.

I believe, and I truly do, that all those who don't drink non-chillfiltered cask strength whisky deserve to have their lives destroyed, their families killed in a tsunami and their houses contaminated with cobalt 60 and caesium radiation for all eternity. When they are finally on their knees, crawling in the dirt, we will offer them a drink and then, and only then will they submit to the will of the whisky god and the wise old masters who are wise and no one can prove otherwise, for the speak in riddles of the masters and are testing us all the time to see how pure we really are.

Since I've started on this liquid diet, my muscle has increased, my doctor tells me I have the blood pressure of plankton and sperm count of a centipede, its just a joy to go to the doctor with my latest ailment to be told my DNA has become crossed with that of a Komodo dragon.

I'm so happy and full of raw cask whisky power, that I went to the local Zumba lesson and after six hours I was running the show teaching the lesson and having all these chicks want me. Which is odd, because as in most obscure cults, our members are most androgynous or eunuchs, with a few castratos thrown in to the democratic mix.

And that why I'm drinking Highland Aberfeldy 13 year old whisky at a modest 57.6%.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#886 2011-06-24 23:17:06

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Last edited by The_Shooman (2011-06-25 06:50:04)

#887 2011-06-25 06:15:08

NJS

#888 2011-06-25 06:36:31

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#889 2011-06-25 06:42:12

NJS

#890 2011-06-26 00:54:05

Maximilien de Robespierre

#891 2011-06-26 02:47:37

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#892 2011-06-26 02:58:59

Maximilien de Robespierre

Last edited by Maximilien de Robespierre (2011-06-26 03:01:05)

#893 2011-06-26 04:32:07

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Last edited by The_Shooman (2011-06-26 04:34:26)

#894 2011-06-26 05:18:57

Sammy Ambrose

Last edited by Sammy Ambrose (2011-06-26 05:19:29)

#895 2011-06-26 06:28:02

fxh
Big Down Under.

Last edited by fxh (2011-06-26 06:28:58)

#896 2011-06-26 09:31:55

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I'm convinced that high blood pressure, in most cases, can be cured by diet alone. So why not type II Diabetes?

Two of my old muccas who were on medication for high blood pressure ate saturated fat diets and drank beer extremely heavily. They were also overweight, The doctor put them on medication, but they continued their eating habits. If they ate and drank what I was doing at the time (which was still above the norm), I'm pretty much sure they would not have had high blood pressure.

Shooey, you are wrong! Moderate drinking of alcohol is a benefit to the brain and liver, this is a science fact. Of course, I agree, in the quantities I drink, this envelope is somewhat pushed.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#897 2011-06-26 09:54:42

NJS

#898 2011-06-26 10:03:13

Sammy Ambrose

#899 2011-06-26 10:10:22

NJS

#900 2011-06-26 10:43:15

Sammy Ambrose

Board footer