You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-23 03:17:45

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Did anyone ever get the strap at school?

My school was real old fashioned and strict like something from the 1940's or 50's. lf kids didn't finish their homework or rule the straight lines on their pages they were belted by the teachers with a thick hard strap. l remember half the class being brought up the front of the room all lined up waiting to be strapped for not finishing the difficult maths homework. One of my mates was so scared that he farted each time he was belted, and he also pulled his hand away once so the teacher hit himself and grimaced in pain. In the end he got belted so many times.

My science teacher was the worst. He was a nice bloke but he was a real old fashioned disciplinarian. He would jump in the air and absolutely smash the living daylights out of you. l remember him saying to one kid in a really funny voice "you've been a very naughty boy, now go and get my strap out of my briefcase, i'm going to smack you". Mind you, we were 14 or 15 then.

We had another teacher that used to speak to us terrible. We'd be 17 or 18 and he'd say "now children, be silent and do as your told".

But the worst was when l would cheek my mother and she'd say "you wait until your father gets home". lol When she said that you knew you were gonna cop it good. You'd be scared for a couple of hours waiting for the old man to arrive home. As soon as he would pull up the drive you knew you were going to experience pain within a few minutes. And yep, the old man would take the strap off his pants and give me a few really good ones. wink Everyone's dad used to take the strap off their pants and belt their kids when they played up in those days, it was no big deal.

Anyone else get the strap or cain at school?

Did your old man ever take the strap off his pants and give you a good belting when you played up?

#2 2013-05-23 04:19:34

Kingston1an

Re: Did anyone ever get the strap at school?

Yes the cane was routine. Whole class punishments were common.

Plimsoll was used to beat pupils in PE class.

Never got beaten by my father though.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#3 2013-05-23 07:31:23

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

A bit of good old fashioned discipline never stopped anyone from growing up as a normal well adjusted individual did it Shooey?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#4 2013-05-23 07:44:53

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

The worst experience I had was when my form tutor, also the R.E teacher. He pulled me so hard by my tie (talking in class) my mum had to cut it off when I got home. My mum was up to the school first thing the next morning. I was moved from that class and given a new tie. Wonder what would happen to a teacher if they did that these days?

Mundella Boys. I fucking hated that school.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#5 2013-05-23 07:47:37

Sammy Ambrose

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#6 2013-05-23 08:16:54

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#7 2013-05-23 08:39:06

Liam

"Plup." Jimmy Frost Nachtman.

#8 2013-05-23 08:56:28

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#9 2013-05-23 08:59:17

Worried Man

I never got the strap, but if I messed up at home my father would unbuckle his belt and have it off his waist in a matter of seconds and he would do this thing where he would fold it and grab each end and make it crack like a damn whip.  Trust me, that, coupled with the look of intent rage in his eye, was enough to make me plead for my life.  He never actually had to strike me.  So, when I have a kid, I'll definitely employ this tactic.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#10 2013-05-23 09:17:20

Russell...Street
By any other name...

All children should get caned!

42R | 16.5/34 | 34/30 | US 10D/UK 9.5E
"Horses, horses... horseshit!"

“As honest as you can expect a man to be in a world where its going out of style.”  - Raymond Chandler

#11 2013-05-23 09:31:26

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#12 2013-05-23 09:40:35

Liam

"Plup." Jimmy Frost Nachtman.

#13 2013-05-24 01:16:27

Lee

Yes, cane and slipper from the PE teacher but their were other more 'sadistic' punishments at our school. .

Our headmaster was also a science teacher. On one occasion two pupils were not paying attention so he came up with a rather evil punishment.
He got a coin from his pocket, asked one of them to call heads or tails. The one that 'won' had to go outside into the street opposite where some houses were being demolished.
He was given two bricks , one in each hand, and was asked to hold them up, above shoulder height for the entirity of the lesson which was a double peiod so he had to stand there for
the best part of an hour. The other pupil had to stand at the window to make sure that the pupil with the bricks didn't lower the bricks below should height.
In addition to this, both pupils were given 'six of the best' after the lesson.

Another occasion was when a pupil brought in some 'trick' sweets. The were laced with very hot curry powder. The pupil was caught with these and once again was asked to stand outside in the playground at the window of the classroom and made to eat all of the  sweets. Being made to stand outside was very considerate of the teacher as after about 10 minutes there was much vomiting.

Happy days. 
c

Last edited by Lee (2013-05-24 01:18:04)

Keep on keeping on

Board footer