You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-31 15:47:43

TheExpandingMan

Time, gentlemen!

It's bar time (Two am 'round these parts).

We've been forcibly removed from our favorite bar, pub, tavern, speakeasy, izakaya, shebeen, etc.  Luckily, we haven't been told not to come back.  We've been drinking since we got off work at five, so we're pissed as a newt. Of course, we still look great.

Personally, I could go for a gyro (kebab). The Charcoal Grill in Galway serves kebabs that would make you cry they're so delicious.  I'll bet that the kebabs in Heaven taste just like the ones from there.  Since Galway's too far we'll hit Parthenon Gyros down in Madison, WI.  Not nearly as good but open 'til three am.

Another good drunk food is oysters.  The saltiness, tempered with some Worcestershire sauce or horseradish is a perfect antidote for that gummy drunk mouth.  A dozen with a glass of sweet tea and a plate of hushpuppies makes me feel like I could almost drive us home without hitting a light pole.

For some reason, if I'm drunk at home I like a bowl of cereal.  Nothing healthy, like Raisin Bran; I want some sugary crunchy shit that you would feed to a five year old.

How about you?  Any good drunk food ideas or stories?  What do you like to eat when you're shitfaced?

#2 2015-08-01 08:42:21

farrago
Ambassador Of Ivy

Re: Time, gentlemen!

The All American breakfast: pancakes, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, hash browns, etc. Burp....

#3 2015-08-01 08:56:04

TheExpandingMan

#4 2015-08-01 09:04:23

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#5 2015-08-01 09:06:40

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

I did try the American Breakfast a few times in Florida, i quite liked it, but couldn't get along with Grits.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#6 2015-08-01 11:19:07

stanshall

ideally a good Philly cheesesteak but a slice or two of righteous pizza works for me too .....

grilled cheese with bacon and tomato is also a big winner for me .....

I need some form of toasty cheese when I'm fried

also I need a popsicle of some kind for that sweet coolness to finish off the evening

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#7 2015-08-01 15:25:09

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#8 2015-08-01 18:16:34

Worried Man

^
Seriously!

Especially good with lots of smoked Gouda or cheddar. 

I can always down a hearty breakfast when shitfaced, but I'll also put in another vote for Stan's grilled cheese.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#9 2015-08-02 00:39:44

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I use to like a good Chinese banquet, or Indian meal. The problem here is that the restaurants are all looking to stop orders by around 9PM latest. So you are pretty much snookered for food after a heavy session. Not that I am interested in heavy drinking sessions in bars or pubs these days.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#10 2015-08-03 02:11:42

Acton_Baby

A good sharwama/doner/kebab is hard to beat.

One to avoid if you've been drinking Guinness-  falafel, it's not a good combo unless you have a kevlar reinforced toilet.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#11 2015-08-03 10:27:17

Tomiskinky

Salt Beef Bagel with lashings of Hot mustard - scored from the Beigel Bake on Brick Lane.

#12 2015-08-03 10:52:17

doghouse

#13 2015-08-03 11:24:06

Acton_Baby

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#14 2015-08-03 11:44:08

Oliver

Leftover Chinese, preferably cold and eaten straight out of the take-out carton.

Otherwise 4am bowl of matzoh ball soup with kreplach from Canter's on Fairfax!

#15 2015-08-03 12:14:40

Jeff Reed

Used to be pizza strips or the pizza crunch dinner. Those days are long gone, though.

In college one year I had two roommates. On a particular night one of them and I drank heavily and ordered a pizza. The other roommate came home coked to the gills and was incredibly annoying. He wouldn't shut up. He wouldn't stop pacing. When the pizza came he opened it up and was about to take some---he had not ordered, paid, or even asked to be included. So, I picked up the entire hot pizza and shoved it in his face. Not the most diplomatic move, but temporarily neutralized the annoying ****.

#16 2015-08-03 13:06:00

Kingston1an

Trick is to eat as little as possible just enough to kill any hunger pangs. Limitations are the establishments that will be open when you have had a good drink.

A cheeseburger is enough. You do not really need a complete meal.

Kebabs are a bad idea - especially with chilli sauce.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#17 2015-08-12 14:15:59

YoungSoulRebel

Board footer