Significant art

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#2 2015-09-08 12:01:01

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: Significant art

I am exposed to these types constantly too, the Netherlands is full of them, mostly they appear to be engaged in producing works of really shite disengaging art where alienation of the viewer seems to be prized above all else. A mate of mine went out with one of them once, I think she turned full-blown lesbian soon afterwards, anyway, really crap, her entire oeuvre seemed to be photographs of her walking through the streets of the Hague with a long exposure with all other people in a blur.

What does it mean, it means nothing, oh said I, is it art or are you just pretending?

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#3 2015-09-09 03:58:04

adorable homunculus

Art may be considered as a balanced combination of technical skill and imagination. Where one component is diminished then  the other is necessarily expected to be increased in order to to satisfy the basic criteria of value. Where both are limited, or even absent, all that remains is a tawdry product.

We dont need any of the clothes we buy except as a means to be the star in the film of our life populated by constructs  - FNB

#4 2015-09-09 05:00:04

Bop

It's just another form of communication and understanding ...and if the artist isnt saying something that resonates with you then it won't be of any significant value to you. IMO.. so you could say that a lot of people nowadays dont really have a poignant message.. well some people do, but theyre few and far between some people just want attention.

Last edited by Bop (2015-09-09 05:01:20)

#5 2015-09-09 10:36:13

Bop

And one more thought, I always think its those artists that make their point universally that I think achieve the most...its very self-obsessed to hang around in ones emotions and it makes for pretty dull company but when an artists opens up the emotion amd makes it more a collective experience and we can all share in it through our own experience and theirs then thats when there is a bridge between artist and viewer..and thats when the communication and connection is felt and made

#6 2015-09-09 11:51:37

Patrick

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#7 2015-09-09 14:11:36

Worried Man

Now THAT is some art I can really get behind...  ...and on top of, and underneath. 

This kind of irritates me in the same way interpretive or expressive dance does.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#8 2015-09-09 14:20:50

stanshall2

Get get get get get get on the dance floor!~ Zapp

Board footer