You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-20 09:34:30

Bop

Calling all Plumbers...careers advice

Im just trying to research a website offering trade courses...I have had an interview with them and Ive been put forward to a second interview, but I feel something is slightly off. Those of you in the know or trade can you put the feelers out to colleagues or any one about this company? They do not ask for money up front and appear to know what they're on about but I prefer to get some background on them..

Many thanks

Here's the link

http://www.tradescourses.co.uk/mobile/index.php

#2 2015-11-20 10:01:23

formby1

Re: Calling all Plumbers...careers advice

A trade, typically involves two aspects. College based learning, either by day, or block release and on the job training. I can see the college based learning (the courses listed) How is the work based training done?

Typically both craft and technical trades will serve a 4 year apprenticeship, advanced craft (if they still do it) was an extra year IIRC.

Things have probably changed now though, with skills shortages and what-not. I'm old skool.

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#3 2015-11-20 10:10:28

Bop

The work based training is done through the construction companies they own. But my question is more based around them specifically ie. Experience with them...everything seems legit...but my spider senses are a bit on edge...would like to hear from anyone that knows the organisation..but thanks for the info formby..I believe youre still right about what is required

#4 2015-11-20 10:52:54

doghouse

Sorry, my construction knowledge is limited to the US. I will say I sympathize with the onerous process you guys over there have to go through.

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#5 2015-11-20 11:10:15

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

I would suggest you look at the Engineering Construction and Industry Training Board (ECITB) website and look at options in the heavy engineering industry sector, especially if you are environmentally aware in the renewable sector, also for longevity the nuclear industry is going to have major opportunities in the construction side and onwards in the next couple of decades in the UK.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#6 2015-11-21 03:46:58

Harpo
The Best In The West

Last edited by Harpo (2015-11-21 03:48:21)

Randy lower-class trifler

Board footer