Re: Keydge vs Alternatives

Has anyone tried their slacks?

#277 2017-04-26 13:54:19

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

scarecrow wrote:

Not bad and obviously they marry up with the jackets to make a casual suit. I'm not keen on the frog mouth pockets, but that's just personal taste.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

#278 2017-04-26 13:56:11

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z406/woofboxer/IMG_1063_zpsjie1yvmt.jpg

A Blackwatch tartan Keydge tweeted out by John Simons this morning, quite tempted by this.

Any thoughts?

John Simons

#279 2017-04-26 15:30:16

Chief Brody

Woof, that is the dogs nuts!

#280 2017-04-26 16:00:50

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Chief Brody wrote:

Woof, that is the dogs nuts!

I like it, I've always hankered after a Blackwatch tartan jacket, but when I've tried them on they don't seem right in a 'proper' formally tailored jacket - one of those items that doesn't really gel in the UK and might make you look a bit of a knob! But with the more casual feel of the Keydge I reckon it could be a winner.

John Simons

#281 2017-04-26 16:14:51

Chief Brody

Exactamundo.

I nearly bought a Ralphy blackwatch last year but balked for the reasons you just mentioned.
That keydge above has the right attitude and the right muted tones for london and beyond! It'll look killer with chinos and jeans.

You ever find a buyer a for your seersucker Keydge? Looking forward to wearing mine again. But fatherhood means I never have time to ponce around in me good clothes! Can't see the seersucker getting much use this summer with a toddler to entertain.

#282 2017-04-26 16:34:16

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Chief Brody wrote:

Exactamundo.

I nearly bought a Ralphy blackwatch last year but balked for the reasons you just mentioned.
That keydge above has the right attitude and the right muted tones for london and beyond! It'll look killer with chinos and jeans.

You ever find a buyer a for your seersucker Keydge? Looking forward to wearing mine again. But fatherhood means I never have time to ponce around in me good clothes! Can't see the seersucker getting much use this summer with a toddler to entertain.

I did sell it to someone, I don't remember who it was right now, that particular Keydge just didn't do it for me. Yet I have a blue and white Brooks Brothers seersucker jacket - more formal tailoring, very trad and I love wearing it, just that people at work keep asking me for 'two 99s with sprinkles'.

John Simons

#283 2017-04-27 00:51:55

Chief Brody

Haha!

#284 2017-04-27 01:56:15

McGeorge Bundyburger

woofboxer wrote:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z40 … e1yvmt.jpg

A Blackwatch tartan Keydge tweeted out by John Simons this morning, quite tempted by this.

Any thoughts?

I think that looks great Woof, though I take your point about it looking a bit nobby this side of the Atlantic: it's unlikely it would be a wardrobe staple.  Still, tempted to put in a call...

#285 2017-04-27 03:08:30

MCM Geography Teacher

woofboxer wrote:

scarecrow wrote:

Not bad and obviously they marry up with the jackets to make a casual suit. I'm not keen on the frog mouth pockets, but that's just personal taste.

Did you check the rise? Doesn't look ideal, more borderline acceptable.

https://www.jkeydge.com/en/men-s-summer … celle.html

Last edited by MCM Geography Teacher (2017-04-27 03:08:43)

'Bill Murden becomes the hero of the day as he rescues a confused duck.'

#286 2017-04-27 05:07:26

Acton_Baby

scarecrow wrote:

Hopefully they are an improvement on the last 'garment dyed' cotton trousers from Keydge that JS sold as part of a suit,
the fit while not ideal is ok -rise is a bit skimpy and a little tight around the arse- but sizing up did get a better fit.
However on laundering (according to the manufacturers instruction) the colour streaked,  the tan didn't look too bad but the olive looked awful after only three washes.
On both pairs the inside leg seams puckered at the crotch- leaving an uncomfortable clump of fabric right at the crotch seam crossover point,
the darts on the back of the waist on both pairs turned into uneven raised lumps along their own seams
and the back-pocket seams crinkled to the extent the button didn't line up with the buttonhole.
No amount of pressing could sort out these issues.

I do have the same style of Keydge trousers in a POW check wool mix (part of a suit from an earlier J*Keydge labelled collection) with none of the above issues so it may be a fabric related issue.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#287 2017-04-30 03:39:22

An Unseen Scene

More of the Vetra jackets available including the Air force blue looking one that I may order.

https://present-london.com/category/clothing/jackets/

https://present-london.com/product/vetr … r-postman/

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2017-04-30 03:49:36)

#288 2017-04-30 04:42:30

An Unseen Scene

Just received an email with 20% off this weekend at Present using code MIDSEASON at checkout. This takes the Vetra jacket from 130 to 104.

#289 2017-05-06 19:35:06

scarecrow

Appreciate the info AB & Woof.

#290 2017-07-04 00:50:35

scarecrow

The summer range is on sale. I see a lot of recommendations to size up in the present line. Anyone with a slender/slim build willing to weigh in on sizing?

#291 2017-07-04 05:36:13

Kingston1an

An Unseen Scene wrote:

More of the Vetra jackets available including the Air force blue looking one that I may order.

'Postman' ? Shame about the name.

Has present got a shop? They seem to have a lot of stuff that may be worth a look. Cheap baracutas etc.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#292 2017-07-04 06:02:01

Sid Ford

Kingston1an wrote:

An Unseen Scene wrote:

Has present got a shop? They seem to have a lot of stuff that may be worth a look. Cheap baracutas etc.

Yeah. On Shoreditch High Street. It's a nice shop actually, with lots of other random things to entice/pick up.

#293 2017-07-05 12:18:25

Kingston1an

Sid Ford wrote:

Kingston1an wrote:

An Unseen Scene wrote:

Yeah. On Shoreditch High Street. It's a nice shop actually, with lots of other random things to entice/pick up.

Thanks. Interesting. Helpful staff - even for old gits like me.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#294 2017-07-07 04:29:10

MCM Geography Teacher

Just received a Present Shaggy Dog 

https://present-london.com/product/pres … -duck-egg/

Recommended

'Bill Murden becomes the hero of the day as he rescues a confused duck.'

#295 2017-07-07 11:23:06

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Kingston1an wrote:

Don't bother with the Baracutas, I was seduced by the less than half price on the G9 in that classic maroon colour.

I've read that Baracuta harringtons aren't as good as they were, but even allowing for that I was very disappointed when it arrived today. Although it was labelled 'Made in England' the quality was poor. They've gone for a slimmer cut and even though I had sized up it was too tight across the chest, completely different to my old one in the same size. The cloth is 50/50 poly cotton and looks cheap and shiny compared to the older 100% cotton ones which had a nice soft hand to them. So it will be going back for a refund.

John Simons

#296 2017-07-09 17:01:58

Kingston1an

woofboxer wrote:

Kingston1an wrote:

Don't bother with the Baracutas, I was seduced by the less than half price on the G9 in that classic maroon colour.

I've read that Baracuta harringtons aren't as good as they were, but even allowing for that I was very disappointed when it arrived today. Although it was labelled 'Made in England' the quality was poor. They've gone for a slimmer cut and even though I had sized up it was too tight across the chest, completely different to my old one in the same size. The cloth is 50/50 poly cotton and looks cheap and shiny compared to the older 100% cotton ones which had a nice soft hand to them. So it will be going back for a refund.

I agree wholeheartedly. Too tight. I sized up and the waistband was then too loose. Cheap and shiny describes the green one I looked at. I prefer many knockoffs .

#297 2017-07-10 03:04:58

Sid Ford

Kingston1an wrote:

woofboxer wrote:

Kingston1an wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. Too tight. I sized up and the waistband was then too loose. Cheap and shiny describes the green one I looked at. I prefer many knockoffs .

it's quite impressive really, isn't it!?
they've doubled in price and halved in quality since the takeover.
finding vintage baracuta is the only option now.

#298 2017-07-10 03:20:54

HOOT

That's been my experience as well, too tight in the chest/shoulders and way too loose at the waist.

#299 2017-07-10 05:15:03

Pennies_and_Oxfords

Indeed. I echo the sentiments above. Baracuta's but a name now, going the way of many other 'heritage brands' that sell a name, not a product.

Better to endure the occasional flood than live life in a perpetual puddle.

#300 2017-07-16 01:12:59

Leer R.

Cannot step into the bashing. Quality - especially craftsmanship - is superb, but the new fit is indeed debatable. I like the fit personally, but I can see why someone dislikes it, especially compared to the baggier older versions. The blended cloth is great, and in my case not cheap looking and shiny at all.

Would I pay full price? Hell, no - but what I paid for it ( 160,--) is a very good value IMO.

http://maennergarderobe.blogspot.co.at

BB Makers shirts: 15.5/33, BB #1, 2 or 4 suits: 38R

Board footer