You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-17 04:14:39

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Deadstock M65 jackets

I had recently read on a Japanese websites about a quantity of deadstock (i.e. never issued) M65 jackets having come on the market.

I then discovered that some of these are for sale in Golding Surplus in Herne Bay, Kent.

https://www.goldingsurplus.co.uk/collections/jackets/products/us-m65-jacket

There is little detail on their website. I made enquiries with the shop owner who sent me a  photo of the label inside which confirms the jacket was made by J G Colton Co Inc of Summit, NJ. Coltons were one of several contractors who produced the M65 for the US military up until the 80s.

The jackets are priced at £60 which compares very favourably with the lesser quality Chinese copies which run up to £125 - and extremely favourably with the Buzz Rickson M65 copy at £400'ish. The only snag is that they don't appear to come with the button in liner, however these are easy enough to track down on eBay.

So a good opportunity if you want to snag yourself the real deal M65 but don't fancy the worn, torn and paint spattered ones that seem to litter eBay!

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#2 2017-11-17 06:15:47

Tomiskinky

Re: Deadstock M65 jackets

Shame only the one size and no measurements. I have the Alpha Industries remake from '00 and that's an xs.

#3 2017-11-17 06:50:53

Berkeley_Breathes

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#4 2017-11-17 07:44:36

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

Board footer