You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » The Wardrobe
  •  » Summers gone, still dreaming of White shirts and Japanese Blue Jeans

#1 2018-11-18 06:54:21

Chévere

Summers gone, still dreaming of White shirts and Japanese Blue Jeans

Lately been on a japanese blue jean binge. Love their craftsmanship, obsessive attention to texture, color and fading, etc. Unlike most denim heads, I do wash them after a couple of uses. The well loomed fabrics give a cleaner look when properly fitted. I don't cuff them because that's an insufferable hipster habit. Most jeans have simple clean lines, no "worn in" affectations. The detailing is in the fabrics used, the varied dyeing methods used in the warp and weft, and construction methods.
Favorite brands are Tanuki, Pure blue Japan, Momotaro.
After experimenting some, found that I really like the look of a nice crisp white shirt with them. Great to hang around in, yet presentable in a wide variety of settings.
With a blazer and loafers perfect for weekend road trips with the wife. Add a bowtie tucked away in the coat pocket and I'm ready for almost any restaurant.
Really have enjoyed it- easy, neat, relaxed. Not shabby, not fussy, just right for summer.

Last edited by Chévere (2018-11-18 06:56:37)

Cógelo suave, pero cógelo.

#2 2018-11-19 09:29:11

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Re: Summers gone, still dreaming of White shirts and Japanese Blue Jeans

All that jean stuff goes over my head. Like another world. But worth getting good denim for sure. I used to wear LVC but last pair I got was in selvedge by Brioni. Really great cloth. Dunno what the weight is but it isn't any more heavy that LVC 47s and it doesn't leave crease marks when I wash them. Got them at a good price as well. The guy had two pairs...should have got them both.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#3 2018-11-21 09:07:32

Berkeley_Breathes

Re: Summers gone, still dreaming of White shirts and Japanese Blue Jeans

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

• Index
  •  » The Wardrobe
  •  » Summers gone, still dreaming of White shirts and Japanese Blue Jeans

Board footer