You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » The Wardrobe
  •  » Fascinating menswear characters on youtube (common blokes)

#1 2019-04-15 00:32:04

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Fascinating menswear characters on youtube (common blokes)

There is a bloke called `bespoke addict'. He is a common bloke who has a taste for the top bespoke so he buys used bespoke. He has a large collection of bespoke shoes bought second hand. He is a fascinating character because he spends so much time restoring old shoes. Most notable is how he shrinks a shoo a size or two down so they can fit him.

In this video he wets a towel and irons his shoos so they shrink.

Bespoke Addict Series 1 - Episode 3: Steam Shrinking Leather Shoes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j5jUVK4FGU

He recently got three brand new Gaziano & Girling bespokes and he plans to shrink them all a size down including the souls. Here is an intro to what he pl;ans to do to various shoos.

Welcome to Bespoke Addict YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekLIBRSnC9s

An interview with the Bespoke Addict, Lee Morrison
http://www.keikari.com/english/an-interview-with-the-bespoke-addict-lee-morrison/

More to come about other blokes.

#2 2019-04-15 02:27:18

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: Fascinating menswear characters on youtube (common blokes)

Interesting stuff Shooey. There's a lot of work involved in shrinking these shoes plus, I think I heard him say at one point that periodically you have to repeat the process as the shoes stretch out to their former shape. Still, keeps him out of mischief. Thank goodness for these characters who share their knowledge.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#3 2019-04-15 03:33:49

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#4 2019-04-15 03:37:11

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#5 2019-04-15 15:40:07

Berkeley_Breathes

I watched the "Why I wear suits all the time" video and enjoyed it. I can't even begin to imagine the comments he'd get on Styleforum or wherever, and thank goodness he's just doing his own thing instead of listening to any negative crap. This is a cool thread Shooey, thanks for this.

Side note... As a teacher, I always keep on eye on students like this. I think they're usually smart, a little odd, definitely easy targets for bullying or teasing. I also try to make sure that isn't happening, because just like anyone, these kind of weird kids can contribute some awesome things, maybe especially because they have a different outlook on the world. It's a real bummer to me when someone decides to just conform and throw away their individuality because life is too hard otherwise. So it's great to see someone so popular on YT by just going with their own taste and preferences.

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#6 2019-04-15 19:37:40

The_Shooman
A pretty face

I think people find it freshing that good people want to be themselves and own their own personality. So many people are too afraid to do that these days, so he shows the world it is o.k to do that without consequences. I am the same way and have always done my own thing and thought my own thoughts, because how can a man be anything that he is not, but so many people today want to fit in with the herd, they don't act like individuals and l find that really sad. It must be so exhausting not to be yourself.

When l was a kid l always wore dress shoes. All the other kids wore sneakers/runners, but l never wanted to do that. People always accepted me because I was happy to be myself. I remember as a kid going to a family Christmas dinner and being looked at oddly by my auntie and uncle while they were checking out my stitched burgundy captoe oxfords, l knew what they were thinking but l was never going to compromise to make conformists happy. Their kids played in sneakers while l played in my shoos.

#7 2019-04-16 10:39:19

mhalat

Oh God, Review Brah gives me life! Quite literally - his fast food reviews kept me going through a very rough period of my life. I particularly found his Howard Cosell-styled delivery to be super soothing.

An aside - I have an odd sense of humour, so take with a grain of salt, but his review of Great Value Spring Water vs. Great Value Distilled Water is a landmark moment in comedy. Highly recommended

#8 2019-04-18 13:57:53

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

He reminds me of a young gun at work. Mid 20s, drives a jag, collects cigars and likes to dress in sharp clothes. He also has a really long thin Mohawk haircut, listens to late 70s/early 80s punk only eats lasagne. I kid not, eats it for lunch and dinner, every day. Kinda weird but very cool and likable.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#9 2019-04-19 01:44:33

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#10 2019-05-11 09:41:27

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

This guy is bonkers.

A kinda mix of Bo Selecta's crib sketch, Hugo Jacomet on steriods and Jerome "Chef" McElroy from South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_xAd2twKM

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

• Index
  •  » The Wardrobe
  •  » Fascinating menswear characters on youtube (common blokes)

Board footer