You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-08 09:07:26

AFS

'Italy Is Awash With Desert Boots...'

So saith The Guv'Nor in a 'phone conversation circa 2006.  I'd just returned from Puglia with my favourite 'Garrett' and was inquiring about a pair of Italian-made Florsheim.  One or two top-notch postings recently ('West Indian Limes') reminded me of this.  If only England were to follow suit...  but when was the last time you saw an Englishman wearing desert boots except when you looked in the mirror? 
I assume Italy remains a safe haven, especially since the importation of Astorflex (thanks to The Weejun), which have even penetrated as far north as Nottingham. 
Are desert boots currently on offer at Chiltern Street? 
In spite of TRSs loyalty to Clarks', the 'Garrett' remain the best I've had in terms of colour (dark cola), shape (perfect) and degree of comfort (spiffing).

#2 2022-07-08 09:27:32

Runninggeez

Re: 'Italy Is Awash With Desert Boots...'

An Italian scientist who works in my department favours the Desert boot with cotton's, sometimes jeans. He also favours brightly coloured RL polo shirts.

We also had a Technical Sales guy, also Italian. Desert boots, Chino's, BD, lambswool crew with a single breasted navy blazer.

#3 2022-07-08 09:37:40

AFS

Re: 'Italy Is Awash With Desert Boots...'

^ Sounds good to me. 
I love the term 'cottons' - very IS at the IS. 
If only they invariably were.

Board footer