You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-21 12:39:11

AFS

Arrow chinos

I took these off to the nice lady in a nearby village (suburb really) for the necessary (vital really) alterations. 
Like Silvermans' (as recommended by Uncle Ian), these are Made In India, like plenty of Madras shirts (and where more appropriate?).  One hundred per cent cotton, almost creamy in colour but not plain-fronted.  Some would rule them out on that basis alone.  But (in my imagination perhaps) they look not unlike those Mr.Allen is sporting on our Gibson's IG page, CN2P.  I'll try them out with a similar shirt and see if nubile young women come running.
Seriously, for the money, they're all right - better, in some ways, than the USA-made L.L.Bean I bought on Ebay Com last year.

#2 2022-06-21 12:40:32

AFS

Re: Arrow chinos

I assume they're from the same people who used to make nice shirts but now make awful shirts.

#3 2022-06-21 12:50:44

AFS

Nice bit of advertising from 1964 for sale on Ebay: Arrow shirts: American but stressing the Anglo connection, rather as happened a little later with London Fog (the pretty couple in Trafalgar Square is what I'm thinking of). 
I have an old Arrow display framed on a wall.  The seller had quite a job packaging it as I remember.

#4 2022-07-13 00:57:28

AFS

I picked these up yesterday and intend wearing them today with the pale green Brooks Brothers 'Special Order' shirt to do my morning mile around this one-horse town...  The pleats I can live with - but only just.  But they are, in the Ivy Shop expression, 'cottons'.

Board footer