You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-11 14:10:15

An Unseen Scene

Scand-Ivy

https://robbreport.com/style/menswear/scandinavian-brands-reimagining-preppy-menswear-1234805892/

#2 2023-02-13 02:29:22

FlatSixC

Re: Scand-Ivy

I got the gist of the article before I got fed up with an infestation of pop-ups. Their stuff looks the part and I noticed some nice Japanese denim ecru jeans that are promising but at £250 incl shipping they are out of contention for me as I assume 20% + handling would be added by HMRC? To say nothing of the hassle of sending them back if they are not suitable.

We’ve had some good Ivy posters from the Scandinavian countries, there was Heikki from Finland in the beginnings.  Later a young Swedish guy whose handle I can’t remember but he was called Dan and he posted some great outfit photos, he had the classic Ivy haircut, moody looks and was usually smoking in his pictures, he carried the look off to a tee. Then there were a couple of students from one of the Nordic countries who started making button shirts, anyone remember more?

#3 2023-02-13 04:31:07

RobbieB

I remember the Finnish posters Heikki who lived in Turku and Wooster who lived in Helsinki. I was in contact with them on occasions because of my own connection to Finland. The Lean Garments boys were based in Tampere and they had a good thing going, for a while.
I think there have been a few Swedish Ivy boys posting in the past, as well.
Wasn't there an English bloke living in Norway, as well.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#4 2023-02-14 04:14:39

An Unseen Scene

That was Goodyear Welt I recall

#5 2023-02-14 05:02:59

colin
Bright Light

I wonder whatever happened to Heikki? Always big on herringbone tweed and heavy longwings, if I recall...

#6 2023-02-14 05:47:23

AlveySinger

I liked a lot of the merchandise on Rubatos website. The moleskins, jeans and chambray work shirt looked really interesting. Great muted colours too

#7 2023-02-14 07:35:00

RobbieB

Wooster =Woolster named after the Gant hugger range?
Gant headquarters based in Sweden but owned by a Swiss group who own Lacoste.
I think Heikki got bored with the Ivy look and moved on. Not easy dressing Ivy when living in Finland, probably requires an annual visit to JS London to keep stocked up.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#8 2023-02-14 10:47:02

colin
Bright Light

That's a shame. I kind of feel so attached to certain aspects of the ivy look that it's impossible to shake: natural shoulders, shetlands, button down shirts etc

Board footer