You are not logged in.

#26 2023-04-22 05:14:22

Staxfan

Re: IVY AS IT STANDS...

Email from Oi Polloi this week, they have some Ivy bargains in their current sale,(lots of items more than  50% off), Padmore & Barnes, Astorflex,
Paraboot deck shoes around 1/2 price - good range of sizes, Original Madras Co shirts, RL, and probably more stuff I haven't seen, probably some Sebago, have a look, fill your boots !

#27 2023-04-22 05:43:40

Kingston1an

First item I spot on Oi Polloi is a Columbia field creek big horn gilet in khaki. This is type of thing is an absolute favourite of many of the Spoons crowd. They seem to like the multiple pocket options.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#28 2023-04-22 14:08:46

RobbieB

I'm a big fan of what Jake's is doing here in the UK but I'm concerned for the long term viability of his project. Last time I was in his workshop in March he was packing up and ready to move from Silvertown but i haven't heard any news. Someone posted on Ivy Style that they had just received a shirt from him so he is still producing shirts. I hope he makes a go of his expansion plans.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#29 2023-04-25 04:33:06

Staxfan

I had something pop up on FB from that DNAGroove Guy,(dnagroove.it), he has a few photos of a new 3/2 Ivy jacket he's producing, looks ok, dart-less, 3 patch pockets, but I'm not sure the hook vent works that well, maybe it's too long, price-wise 270-300 euros,

#30 2023-04-25 07:11:40

AlveySinger

Ivy jackets is an area where I wish there were few more options.

Yes, there are loads of soft shouldered jackets currently out there but I like swelled edges, patch and flap pockets and a hook vent.

The absence of darts I can take or leave.

#31 2023-04-26 20:25:02

Dulouz

Wore a J.Press blazer for the first time in ages on Tuesday, it did look good, but it still felt a bit out of style and old fashioned.

Don't think I'll be buying any more blazers or sports jackets anytime soon.

Rocking a madras and plaid shirt vibe of late. Also a bit of preppy RL 80s style. Like Magnum P.I. when not wearing Hawaiian shirts.

Plenty of good madras out there. Well catered for.

Feel we need a tonic against the nihilism of our times. There's a darkness out there. Think many people sense it. The boomers lived through a golden age and we're about to throw it all away for an austere puritanism. Don't want to be any part of it.

Board footer