You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-19 03:50:55

Kingston1an

Spier and Mackay

Anyone tried importing their stuff?

Shirts look OK. Cheap as chips in sale and decent colour options. Details are close enough. Collar sizes look fine.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#2 2024-01-19 04:15:04

Staxfan

Re: Spier and Mackay

They offer a service where you can elect to pay the UK duties/taxes in advance at the point of purchase, thereby knowing in advance what you're in for and no nasty shocks on arrival, shirts look ok, but I find particularly with shirts that you never know until you get to feel them, unlined collars ?

#3 2024-01-19 07:14:42

AlveySinger

I have looked at their website on a few occasions and when I went to purchase a shirt it wasn't actually available.

Case in point was a lovely seersucker pop-over. They price was great, the collar roll Ok, blue colour spot-on but when I ordered in my size it wasn't actually current stock

#4 2024-01-19 08:16:14

Kingston1an

Yes, they have some lovely madras shirts if you search - but when you attempt to buy one there is no option.

Stax' tip of UK version adds carriage and tax, so not quite so cheap. However, I would have risked the madras ones if they were actually available.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#5 2024-01-19 15:38:12

Yuca

I have a few of their polo shirts. Made in China or similar I think, but otherwise superb. No external logo and the fit, cloth and colours are pretty good. I'm in the tropics so polo shirts get a lot of wear from me.

some sort of banal legitimacy

#6 2024-01-19 15:40:19

Yuca

But whether they're worth the cost of importing to the UK I don't know. Sunspel are also superb, and when on sale are possibly affordable.

some sort of banal legitimacy

#7 2024-01-20 07:59:05

plastic palm tree

I've had a lot of their stuff over the years living in Toronto 2011-17 and going back at least once a year.  They always manage to get things ever so slightly wrong - studying what's popular on the like of styleforum but falling just short.  Good madras materials, I think same as JS has used, but stiff collars.  Everything very slim fit so go with their least slim option, size up and avoid MTM.  Sometimes they do get it right, the knit polos last summer were great.

Board footer