You are not logged in.

#26 2023-09-23 22:00:40

Horace

Re: some wear cotton sock in summer

Shooma,

Have you tried the sock garters?  Might help with the droop.

Please report back on your findings.

I believe Mr Bodnar wore garters from Thurston. 

I like the Corgi.  Haven’t bought in years but they had good
striped offerings. 

I believe Smart Turnout UK is back and might have some of variety.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#27 2024-02-29 12:08:44

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Sock prices certainly have gone up. Good thing I buy in bulk.

#28 2024-03-02 02:22:43

Sammy Ambrose

Last edited by Sammy Ambrose (2024-03-02 02:25:18)

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#29 2024-03-02 02:57:25

Sammy Ambrose

FNB said.

"Sock prices certainly have gone up. Good thing I buy in bulk."

Do you think it's worthwhile spending a lot of loot on sox FNB, especially when so many are sockless these days?

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#30 2024-03-02 10:21:48

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Well, I am certainly more price conscious about socks than I used to be. Used to love Pantherella Argyles but looking for a substitute.

I did source this French company which carries good quality Italian socks both in ribbed cotton and ribbed wool is a variety of neutral shades and colors. They are good quality and the company provides good service.

https://www.thenines.fr/992-chaussettes

#31 2024-03-03 06:01:50

Sammy Ambrose

FNB said:

"Well, I am certainly more price conscious about socks than I used to be. Used to love Pantherella Argyles but looking for a substitute.

I did source this French company which carries good quality Italian socks both in ribbed cotton and ribbed wool is a variety of neutral shades and colors. They are good quality and the company provides good service.

https://www.thenines.fr/992-chaussettes"

Let's hope Shooman joins this thread.  He is morphing into Soxman these days. Mind you, he is perhaps excessively in the thrall of Argyles.

#32 2024-03-03 08:11:52

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Argyles are good stuff. I always preferred wool ones.

#33 2024-03-03 09:48:47

Sammy Ambrose

Yes. Argyles blend well. They don"t shout. I suppose the word  classic still has meaning.

#34 2024-03-03 11:09:01

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Sammy Ambrose said: "Yes. Argyles blend well. They don"t shout. I suppose the word  classic still has meaning."

Classic means a lot to me. I'm still recovering from the demise of Vanners silks.

#35 2024-03-08 23:12:52

The_Shooman
A pretty face

^^^

Sock prices has risen substantially over the last couple of years. A good argyle sock are the Kabbaz socks by Bresciani.
https://www.ganjingworld.com/news/alexander-kabbaz-designed-bresciani-argyle-socks/1gbl0ug58c1MMUH9BLsviuTL01o21c

What are your thoughts on linen socks?

#36 2024-03-09 20:08:18

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Those Bresciani socks are rather nice. I had no idea that the Kabbaz site was still going.

I'm not a big fan of linen socks. I dont even really like cotton socks except with trainers. I have sweaty feet and cotton socks dont really wick moisture. Linen might stay dryer but they're always too thin and my feet rub against my shoes. Having said that. I might try a pair of the Bresciani linen socks.

#37 2024-03-10 04:55:27

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Kabbaz' bresciani 90% wool argyles are superb, nice and solid. Bresciani linen is also very good, got a pair on today.

Board footer