You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-18 02:26:12

Staxfan

New in at Marrkt

For some reason I get a daily email from Marrkt which I usually browse through while eating my lunch, there are a few JS items showing up recently, one item that might be of interest is a JS Glen Check Wool Blazer ( UK 40), it's one of the Made in Italy jackets from ( I reckon) the early days at 46CS, all the required Ivy details including a hook vent, looks in very good condition, I've got a navy blazer from that time ( 2011/12) which is a great jacket very well made IMHO, If I was in the market for a check wool blazer I'd snap this up @ £165, There's also a JS white tab collar shirt, I reckon that must also be from the early days at 46CS,

#2 2024-04-18 08:34:34

Kingston1an

Re: New in at Marrkt

I tried Marks glen check suit jacket on. I have no need for a suit but always fancied a prince of Wales with a blue overcheck( Marks does not have the overcheck). The material is good but I tried various sizes and lengths to see if I could get a perfect fit.

One was OK. So I will bear it in mind in case they have a sale. The suit was not expensive just under £300. Like I say I don't need a suit.

Not looking for an Ivy suit either, a British cut version is fine with me.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#3 2024-04-18 09:20:07

Tomiskinky

Likewise Stax, was just skimming through today and thought the vintage field jackets were a bit peaky for the condition.
Though I did recently pick up a pair of '72 OG-107 pants up, I already have a pair of '62's but they are NOS and fancied a pair of worn ones.

Have a few bits in my watch list, always the discounted stuff mind big_smile

#4 2024-04-19 02:34:29

RobbieB

I also seem to get a daily email from Marrkt. I'm surprised the JS jacket hasn't been snapped up. It's my size so I was tempted and as Stax says it looks in good condition. I can't justify buying another jacket which would probably remain in the back of the wardrobe.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#5 2024-04-19 04:18:38

colin
Bright Light

It's a lovely jacket, wonderful fabric. But the shoulders from the back would stop me from buying it.....whether bad storage on a crap hanger or, as I suspect, a slightly less-than-natural shoulder...

#6 2024-04-19 09:09:54

RobbieB

Colin, I thought the shoulder detail as shown from the back was the result of 10 years on a cheap coat hanger sitting at the back of the wardrobe, but you may be right as the jacket is made in Italy and the tailor might have made it to a less than natural shoulder design.
Fit is everything and that makes me reluctant to buy anything online. I usually can't be arsed to return stuff that doesn't come up to the mark.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#7 2024-04-22 07:19:14

Staxfan

Colin, Robbie - the shoulder issue has been bothering me ! Today I checked my navy JS jacket which I reckon comes from the same time/manufacturer and the shoulder is 100% natural as far as I can tell, so maybe it's the coat hanger causing the problem !

#8 2024-04-29 06:52:01

Staxfan

Today on Marrkt some 'NWT' Vetra jackets in linen, seersucker, cotton all @ £100,

#9 2024-04-29 08:19:36

Tomiskinky

Picked up some Doek CVO’s for £40, barely worn. These Japanese made ones are much closer in quality to the original US made ones.

#10 2024-04-30 06:56:21

AlveySinger

I would be cautious with Vetra.

Although they're solid value the sizing can be confusing.

At last count I think I had three different sizes of jacket from them.

Board footer