You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-05 07:49:59

Super 150s

Corduroy suit suggestions

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of getting a corduroy suit and I thought I could get some help on color, wale and other stylistic details for the suit.

I was leaning towards dark brown or navy with a medium to wide wale, flat front trousers and normal, flap pockets. Maybe a fun lining in the jacket?

Thanks for any suggestions.

#2 2006-06-05 09:34:01

Daniele

Re: Corduroy suit suggestions

I would go for something similar to what James Coburn wore in 'Sciarade': tan, very thin wale, 3 buttons, single vent (but also double would be fine), flapped besom pockets and of course flat-fronted, slim trousers.
Nice touch a fun lining!

#3 2006-06-06 14:07:33

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

I wouldnt mind a burnt orange one meself. Any shade of brown really, olive, navy. Corduroy looks good in a lot of shades.

Make it standard in details its too bulky a fabric to start adding too many layers. And I agree about flat front trousers, although  apleated one is not necessarily a bad thing.  I havent had one in a while and Ive been thinking of one as well. Maybe a chocolate brown in a wide wale. I like the patterned lining idea too.

#4 2006-06-06 14:27:21

Tomasso

I would add stone and sand to the colors already mentioned. As for material, I've seen some cotton/cashmere blends that have a wonderful hand. I don't think that I would go wider than 6W.

#5 2006-06-06 16:38:40

Incroyable

Perhaps even a double-breasted would look nice.

Jukebox Babe

Board footer