You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-16 12:33:29

Panzeraxe

SB Jacket with Ticket Pocket AND Hacking Pocket?

What do people think of this look? - I always thought it was overly contrived but I just saw it on an older gentlemen and thought it looked great

#2 2006-06-16 12:36:59

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Re: SB Jacket with Ticket Pocket AND Hacking Pocket?

Is the ticket pocket also a hacking pocket? So its three pockets at a slant?

#3 2006-06-16 12:46:46

Panzeraxe

yep - exactly

#4 2006-06-16 12:52:13

kenperes

I think it can look okay, but it is overdone some nowadays.

#5 2006-06-16 13:18:23

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

I think its out of harmony with a man's figure. It makes you look as if youre being pulled at an angle in a rather Dali-esque manner. And much as I admire both the artist's style and his art, I would not want to dress in a torturous manner like one of his paintings I stand for the natural. I also think if the coat is too long you run the risk of looking like some modern rock star version of Lord Byron. Which may be what you are aiming for but somehow I think not.

Also there's the chance youre dating a garment you might not wear that often. To avoid dating then maybe, just maybe if you were making a country suit to actually be worn in the country and even then...

So few men are wearing nice things that just wearing a beautiful suit, well fitted will make you stand out.

#6 2006-06-17 11:23:15

Panzeraxe

very nice - thanks Marc

#7 2006-06-17 13:23:51

maxnharry

I think its a great look.  I like it more on odd jackets than suits, but have seen fine examples of both.

#8 2006-06-17 22:40:15

Horace

Marc -- what's the weight of that Harris Tweed in grey herringbone? For that matter, do Harris Tweed cloths come in different weights?  Do Harris Tweed cloths come in differing quality?  That is, is the quality of the HT you get from your tailor the same as say, the Harris Tweed that makes up a ready-made J. Press or Paul Stuart jacket?  When did you have it made?  Thanks.  Horace

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer