You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-29 08:48:33

Matt
Ivy Original.

Returning to good old friends.

We just returned from the summer on the Cape.

The temp is getting lower there, and fall is definitely in the air. It was a bit poignant to clean the sand out of the dogs perch in the station wagon, and realize that another good summer was coming to a close.

However, a the upcoming season is always a great attraction, for a lot of reasons.

For those that post here, it is probably no surprise that some of the "old friends" that it will be good to see, are those that have been in the closet for years, such as the JP Harris tweed that is 30 years old, and has elbow patches that are functional, Barbour jackets, Baracuta jacket, shetland sweaters, and the Alden 986s that Alden refurbished again last spring.

The consistency of Ivy is a nice part of the mixture.

#2 2008-08-29 08:54:42

AQG

Re: Returning to good old friends.

Always nice to move into Fall.  Unfortunately, in Central PA we have at least a month yet until most of the cool whether clothing becomes really viable.

#3 2008-08-29 09:55:17

Brideshead

I would go even further, gentlemen.  I have been waiting for this moment all this year.  I am convinced that anyone with even a small sense of taste can readily appreciate all that Autumn/Fall has to offer.  For us it is quite exquisite!

Jane Austen summed it up best for me in Persuasion:  'Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn, that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness, that season which has drawn from every poet, worthy of being read, some attempt at description , or some lines of feeling. '

I am lining up my 'old friends' with great anticipation.

#4 2008-08-29 10:52:48

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Cordovan leather.
Shetland Wool.
Harris Tweed.
Corduroy.

... ... ... ...

Board footer