You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-14 11:39:46

GFBurke

Kids are not Slobs

#2 2006-07-14 12:38:49

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Re: Kids are not Slobs

Oh, i dont think theyre necessarily "slobs" anymore, I think white suburban kids are paying detail to clothes like never before because of Hip Hop culture which is long running and affected my childhood too. Although, I dont think this is a Brummellian movement. In my mind, Brummell set the tone. These kids get told what to do. Maybe EMinem is the Brummell of that set. Im speaking of affluent or reasonably affluent suburbs around the major cities. There are vast tracts of this country where the kids are simply wearing garbage with no attention to detailing it "just so"

I think kids are extremely status conscious and can "smell" labels or sought after items, they need to figure out who to hang out with after all. If you remember just a couple years ago the throwback jersey phenomenom which sent the business of reproducing old professional team jerseys through the roof in terms of supply and demand which may have only been witnessed before in western culture during the great tulip craze in Holland.

www.mitchellandness.com

And, you do not want to see what I wear to a Yankees game. I defintiely fit in, does that make me the Brummell of Yankee Stadium?

Board footer