You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-10 09:32:02

plastic palm tree
Member
From: London
Posts: 139

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

Have recently joined the Paraboot club, taking delivery of a pair of Marron Chambords from the Object Style sale.  They have a strange white film on them... is this normal?  It seems to rub off so I assume its a byproduct of the leather treatment process.

Do you guys bother with the special Paraboot cream?

 

#27 2017-09-10 09:59:46

An Unseen Scene
Member
From: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 512

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

I do not bother with their cream, I use general leather cream which works fine.

 

#28 2017-09-10 12:36:21

Tim
Member
Posts: 76

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

I really dig Paraboots, I seriously covet a pair of Prevert in Galaxy Noire Ebene Grain but I'd settle for a pair in Lis Cafe or a pair of Griff.

 

#29 2017-09-10 13:30:31

Acton_Baby
Member
From: West London
Posts: 3697

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

plastic palm tree wrote:

Have recently joined the Paraboot club, taking delivery of a pair of Marron Chambords from the Object Style sale.  They have a strange white film on them... is this normal?  It seems to rub off so I assume its a byproduct of the leather treatment process.

Do you guys bother with the special Paraboot cream?

Any decent shoe cream works fine but the Paraboot creams (from the same factory as Saphire products) are coloured matched to their shoes.
French eBay is great for finding them at a discount.


"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

 

#30 2017-09-11 01:04:26

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate
From: Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex
Posts: 5997

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

Tim wrote:

I really dig Paraboots, I seriously covet a pair of Prevert in Galaxy Noire Ebene Grain but I'd settle for a pair in Lis Cafe or a pair of Griff.

I like the Preverts ... its just the name that cracks me up. lol


'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

 

#31 2017-09-11 07:19:46

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10786

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

/\  calling Dr. Strangelove .....


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#32 2017-09-13 15:24:18

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate
From: Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex
Posts: 5997

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

Spotted in a shoe shop in Lyon - white Paraboot Michaels

I'll take a pass myself but they've got someones name on them surely? A special summer look for Thee Captain perhaps?

https://s26.postimg.org/aunqaw789/IMG_1250.jpg


'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

 

#33 2017-09-13 18:02:59

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10786

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

/\  thee captain of the Lurve Boat possibly


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#34 2017-09-15 07:03:05

The Laird of Enfield
Member
Posts: 232

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

woofboxer wrote:

Spotted in a shoe shop in Lyon - white Paraboot Michaels

I'll take a pass myself but they've got someones name on them surely? A special summer look for Thee Captain perhaps?

https://s26.postimg.org/aunqaw789/IMG_1250.jpg

Nurse Ratchett specials.

 

#35 2017-09-17 13:12:11

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 10786

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

The Laird of Enfield wrote:

woofboxer wrote:

Spotted in a shoe shop in Lyon - white Paraboot Michaels

I'll take a pass myself but they've got someones name on them surely? A special summer look for Thee Captain perhaps?

https://s26.postimg.org/aunqaw789/IMG_1250.jpg

Nurse Ratchett specials.

very much so

http://arkamasylum423.weebly.com/uploads/2/5/6/9/25695327/1798104.jpg?280


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#36 2017-09-17 13:47:18

AlexO
New member
Posts: 3

Re: In Praise of Paraboots

plastic palm tree wrote:

Have recently joined the Paraboot club, taking delivery of a pair of Marron Chambords from the Object Style sale.  They have a strange white film on them... is this normal?  It seems to rub off so I assume its a byproduct of the leather treatment process.

Do you guys bother with the special Paraboot cream?

Hi, the white film is how Paraboot send them all to the stores and you are correct in thats it's just part of the leather treatment Paraboot apply to the shoes. I'm sure you've got it sorted by now but a polish will solve it.

Thanks for your custom by the way, I try to sneak a bit of Ivy into the shop when I can.

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 Rickard Andersson